Wednesday, September 12, 2012

i can just hear my ass growing. soon it will need its own zip code.

For those that don't know, my husband is referred to in my house as "Sad Panda" or just "Panda".  When he is crabby, it's "Pissy Panda".  And when I'm mad at him, it's "Dammit Panda."  Just wanted everyone to understand that I'm not talking about an overly large and lazy bear that eats bamboo and won't get busy with the hot lady bears.  I'm talking about my awesome husband.  He is not lazy, overly large, bamboo-eating, or not-busy-getting.  TMI?  Sorry about that.

Anyhow, Panda's grandfather liked to buy all sorts of crazy shit.  A grill that operated on nuclear power (OK not really, but it did require two propane tanks ...), one of those stupid Ronco rotisseries (SET IT! AND FORGET IT!), and several chain saws.  But the one thing he bought that I was very "meh" about was this Rotofryer thing.

It's made by DeLonghi.  It has a wire basket that you put down in the hot oil, and a mechanism inside the heating element makes it spin while cooking.  At first, I was all "we don't need a fryer."  Then I was all "WTF, it spins?"  And finally I was all "DUDE WE CAN FRY THAT SHIT!  WATCH THIS!"  I swear, I'm not a redneck, but the primal need to dunk things in the simmering vegetable oil is so hard to overcome. 

It's very easy to clean, too. It's got a little tube thing that comes out from under the handle (the vertical thing in the photo), and it drains into a filtering oil container.  Seriously, it rocks my socks.  I can OCD-clean the oil and wipe it out every single time I use it!  Win.

If you are a family that fries things, I highly recommend this little beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment