Monday, September 3, 2012

this is not my beautiful life

So, I'm getting old.

And I'm also getting domestic.

These two things are not mutually exclusive, I'm learning.

When I was younger, I'd often say that my best "dish" was reservations. This was very concerning to my stay-at-home mother, because she took great pride in her cooking and homemaking skills. My abject disdain for Murphy's Oil Soap was well-earned, considering the fact that I got to scrub woodwork every time I mouthed off.

Anyhow, as I've gotten older, I've found that I actually like having a lovely home. My last townhouse was small and in a neighborhood that we really didn't like. It was cluttered, never kept clean, and just was not someplace that I enjoyed living.  We have since moved out to the outskirts of the Metro Columbus area, and into a home that we really cherish. Also, another reason I've gotten so domestic? The website called Unfuck Your Habitat.  Seriously, it was just the motivation I needed to change my life.

As part of my life makeover, I've found that I really enjoy cooking.  Like, REALLY enjoy it.  I started clogging up my Facebook timeline with my obsessive-compulsive posts about my ice cream maker and my tasty dinners ... so I figured I'd take the talk over here.

2 comments:

  1. UYH is the shiz. I put the app on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've become a fan of unfuck your habit since you posted on fb about making your bed. great recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete